Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Another Canadian greenhouse grower involved in cannabis
Although not officially confirmed, SunSelect is most likely the next cannabis venture in town.
Last fall, Canopy Growth announced it would develop up to three million square feet of greenhouse growing capacity at a pair of sites in B.C. to grow marijuana. Canopy Growth CEO Bruce Linton said in a statement last year the operator currently grows peppers, but millions would be spent in a transformation to cannabis production.
The name of that greenhouse operator, however, has been kept secret. Now it became clear it is SunSelect. Victor Krahn from the BC Tweed Joint Venture Inc. comments on the transport of 100,000 pot plants from Ontario to B.C. in a video. Krahn is the son of founders Gerhard & Louise Krahn of SunSelect Produce.
This follows the approval of BC Tweed Joint Venture Inc. by Health Canada to cultivate cannabis in a British Columbia greenhouse as of February 16th. The official news will probably be confirmed by Canopy Growth in a couple of hours, when the company will send out a news release.
Publication date: 2/19/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: