- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Pakistan: Kinnow exports to possibly surpass yearly target
After Indonesia and Russia lifted the quota imposed on kinnow from Pakistan, traders told Arab News that they hope this year they would surpass their yearly target.
Dr. Amanullah Malik, the director of the Institute of Horticultural Sciences, claims Pakistan is number 13 on the list of top citrus-producing countries. His nation produces, on average, some 2.4 million tons of citrus fruits of which kinnow make up a massive 70 to 80 percent, or 1.7 to 1.9 million tons. Punjab produces over 60 percent citrus, 98 percent of which comes from Sargodha, where the processing industry is located.
By February 3, 2018, Pakistan had exported 142,813 tons of Kinnow to 27 countries, as compared to 136,719 tons exported during the same period of the last fiscal year. Pakistan’s exports to Russia have increased to 54,395 tons as compared to 50,157 tons exported during the same period last year, while exports to Indonesia jumped to 24,167 tons from 13,202 tons.
Alas, according to the Trade Development Authority of Pakistan, approximately 40 percent of the produce is wasted during pre- and post-harvest stages. Mismanagement of diseases, unfavourable weather conditions, delays in harvesting, absence of proper roads and cold storage facilities, glut formation in the market and similar factors are responsible for these losses.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Spain: EU to continue monitoring Turkish lemon arrivals
- 09/21/2018 Given the increased production of citrus, Spain plans to increase exports outside Europe
- 09/21/2018 Spain: Murcia demands more control in the arrival of citrus to Cartagena
- 09/21/2018 "Small sizes affect companies which package mandarins with leaves"
- 09/21/2018 Yunnan early-season tangerine demand exceeds supply
- 09/21/2018 Mexico: Jalisco, one of the main producers of Persian limes
- 09/21/2018 Spain: "In this campaign, persimmon producers mustn't rush to sell their product"
- 09/21/2018 Potential breakthrough could help against citrus greening
- 09/21/2018 Australia: Canker breakthrough
- 09/20/2018 Spain: A project to fight against fraud and varietal piracy in citrus fruits
- 09/20/2018 Spain: Castellon will harvest nearly 15% more citrus
- 09/20/2018 Drop in Sicilian citrus fruit production for processing expected
- 09/20/2018 Spain: Man is accused of defrauding citrus owners of 200,000 euros
- 09/20/2018 Argentina to import Tahiti limes from Colombia
- 09/20/2018 Rain in Mexico threatens steady lime supplies
- 09/19/2018 Indonesia concludes FTA negotiations with Australia
- 09/19/2018 "First Spanish mandarins eagerly snatched up after messy overseas season"
- 09/19/2018 Does this video show a Lemon-Pomegranate hybrid?
- 09/18/2018 ‘CUPS’ protects citrus from greening and storms
- 09/17/2018 Egypt: Jana Fresh intends to set up fruits export terminal next year