- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Transforming Germany’s cities into organic food gardens
As part of Biostädte (‘organic cities’), now Nuremberg joins a network of municipalities across Germany -including Munich, Bremen and Karlsruhe- working to make food production healthier and more sustainable.
In other cities like Berlin, Cologne and Kiel, urban and community-supported agriculture is introduced, which includes the greening of new buildings and the transformation of uncontaminated industrial land into community gardens. Their plans also foresee car-free, solar-powered districts where edible plants grow on and around buildings.
Citizens are being encouraged to cultivate useful crops, using public green areas in their neighbourhoods to plant rows of potato plants or fruit trees. In doing so, they alleviate the municipal taxes, as this costs less than designing and maintaining the public green spaces.
According to an article by dw.com, these urban agricultural spaces are intended to become focal points where food is produced, processed and traded.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-02-28 ‘We want to be Europe's leading supplier of organic apples’
- 2018-02-28 "Demand for organic lemons is on the rise"
- 2018-02-27 Organic Hawaiian Turmeric season underway
- 2018-02-27 Mexico puts pressure on US organic citrus market
- 2018-02-27 “Our philosophy is to represent kiwifruit as a basic product”
- 2018-02-26 New harvest of South African organic pumpkins
- 2018-02-26 Study compares organic and conventional strawberries
- 2018-02-26 Organic papaya program opened the doors to a full organic line
- 2018-02-23 European organic market grew by double digits in 2016
- 2018-02-23 Indonesian organic farming: reducing dependence on imported pesticides and fertilizers
- 2018-02-23 US demand grows strongly for organic sweet potatoes
- 2018-02-22 Transforming Germany’s cities into organic food gardens
- 2018-02-22 Cool Texas winter ensures sweet organic grapefruit season
- 2018-02-21 Norma awarded best German organic retailer in 2018
- 2018-02-21 Photo report: Organic Route at Fruit Logistica 2018
- 2018-02-20 Italy: La Costiera organic Primofiore lemons
- 2018-02-20 Organic pumpkins to adopt laser labelling in Europe
- 2018-02-19 Chile: Demand for organic blueberries increases every year
- 2018-02-16 US: More plantings of organic celery
- 2018-02-15 UK organic market has seen six years of steady growth