Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Zealand prepares for GitaTropical storm Gita carved out a destructive path through the South Pacific this week. Tonga in particular was hard hit, as 230 km/h winds smashed the kingdom. Tonight, Gita is expected to hit New Zealand, bringing 24-48 hours of heavy rain and severe gales.
The worst affected areas are likely to be Taranaki, the Kapiti Coast, the Marlborough Sounds, Nelson, the West Coast, and the east coast as far down as Canterbury.
Nzherald.co.nz reports how some schools are closing for the next two days. Warnings might be issued to tourists and locals to delay journeys. Three weeks ago, slips, fallen trees, damaged roads and felled power lines caused by Cyclone Fehi left hundreds of tourists stranded on the West Coast.
Publication date: 2/19/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: