- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
State of Maharashtra
Hailstorm hits 35,000 hectares of orange orchards in India
The crops were damaged just days before the start of harvesting season. But the orange growers suffered a double whammy as the hailstorm also affected the flowering for the next crop.
Two regions within Maharashtra -Marathwada and Vidarbha- were the worst hit by the adverse weather conditions, which prevailed from Sunday to Tuesday.
To add insult to injury, a large number of regional farmers -having failed to meet the tough conditions imposed by insurance companies- had opted not to insure their crops. According to financialexpress.com, around 25,000 to 30,000 growers cultivate oranges for a livelihood in the affected region.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Typhoon Mangkhut does significant damage to Guangdong
- 09/21/2018 Plenty of fields still water-logged in North Carolina
- 09/20/2018 China: How did typhoon "Mangkhut" affect the fruit industry?
- 09/20/2018 El Niño is looming again
- 09/19/2018 Philippines vegetable prices skyrocket after typhoon ‘Ompong’
- 09/19/2018 India: Fruit and vegetable prices shoot up post floods
- 09/18/2018 Update: Sweet potato harvest halted after Hurricane Florence
- 09/18/2018 South Africa eager to repair drought damage
- 09/18/2018 Australia: Drought fails to drain value from agri-sector
- 09/17/2018 Hurricane Florence to hit late tomatoes, corn and strawberries in North Carolina
- 09/17/2018 Flights to Taiwan-Hong Kong canceled due to typhoon
- 09/13/2018 Hurricane Florence slowing down and tracking further south
- 09/11/2018 Infrastructure the biggest concern as Hurricane Florence targets Carolinas
- 09/05/2018 ‘El Niño weather phenomenon to hit Colombia in November’
- 09/04/2018 A cold and wet August augurs well for Cape fruit
- 08/31/2018 'Drought policy reform should focus on preparing for drier climate'
- 08/27/2018 Australia: Rain in New South Wales & Queensland
- 08/23/2018 Australia: Substantial rain event forecast for this weekend
- 08/22/2018 Venezuela hit by earthquake
- 08/21/2018 Drought in Europe