Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- “Europe is literally waiting for every lemon”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NC sweet potato grower successfully installs new packing line
Southern Produce Distributors, Inc. a grower, packer and shipper of sweet potatoes, has installed a new packing line in their warehouse facility located in Faison, NC.
The new packing line, a Hagan 2, runs simultaneously with Southern Produce’s original packing line, doubling efficiency and minimizing operational costs. The Hagan 2 runs five lanes with a computerized “photohead” sizer that measures the dimensions of the sweet potatoes to ensure consistent shape and weight.
“The Hagan optical heads are ideal for the way we pack our produce,” stated Heath Johnsey, Operations Manager for Southern Produce, “It allows Southern Produce to fit any packing size that’s required by any customer. With the Hagan 2, we can sort from the smallest to the largest sweet potato that may fit customers’ needs.”
Furthermore, it has a state-of-the-art box scale system, which allows for precise weight determination and real-time adjustability.
Since becoming fully operational on January 1, 2018, the new packing line has been tested to its full capacity and to its lowest capacity with minimum to no issues.
“We continuously strive to initiate innovative ways to be more competitive and offer exceptional product to our customers, stated Kelley Precythe, President and owner of Southern Produce, “The addition of a packing line enables us to do just that.”
For more information:
Brooke Britt Crumpler
Southern Produce Distributors, Inc.
+1 (910) 267-0011
Publication date: 2/19/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: