Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: 16 million Euro in compensations to kaki producers in 2017
The compensations granted to kaki producers during the 2017 campaign, which was "marked by especially adverse conditions for them," have amounted to 16 million Euro. These funds will help alleviate the impact of the damages caused on 4,400 hectares of crops, especially in the Region of Valencia.
This has been reported by the Spanish Association of Insurance Entities providing Combined Agricultural Insurance (Agroseguro) in a statement in which it recalled that producers in the Region of Valencia and in Huelva wishing to insure their kaki crops have until 20 February to do so.
The frosts recorded in the first days of December took a big toll on these crops, with some 2,160 hectares damaged and compensations totalling 11.5 million Euro.
Agroseguro has highlighted that for the 2017 harvest, 4,387 insurance policies were signed that covered almost 13,700 hectares and a production of close to 323,000 tonnes; 95% in the Region of Valencia.
Publication date: 2/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: