Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Rwanda's horticultural sector showed remarkable growth in 2017Speaking at a horticulture event on Thursday, chief executive officer of the National Agricultural Exports Board, Bill Kayonga, said Rwanda earned $21 million in revenues from its horticulture exports in 2017, up from $12 million in 2016.
Xinhuanet.com quoted Kayonga as saying: "The horticulture sector, that is vegetables, fruits and flowers, in Rwanda witnessed remarkable progress in recent years. From being almost non-existent five years ago, the sector is now a strong contributor to Rwanda’s export base."
He also said the Rwandan horticulture industry is still not fully tapped and the country is looking for more investors to explore this developing sector. The country targets to raise the horticulture sector's annual export earnings to $140 million by 2020.
Publication date: 2/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: