Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Silver medal for ADORA tomatoThe 9th of February will go down as a day to remember for the ADORA tomato. After being nominated for the Innovation Awards at the 2018 Fruit Logistica trade show in Berlin, it won the silver medal.
This honour comes less than six months after the official introduction of ADORA to the fruits and vegetables produce sector at the Fruit Attraction trade show in Madrid. "What an astounding entrance for this unique tomato that combines the authenticity of a Marmande shape with an unusual brown-red colour. Those who try the sweet and flavourful ADORA will be met with a new, unparalleled sensory experience."
"Plenty of attendees and press organisations from all around the world had the chance to discover, taste, and vote for ADORA, and many said ADORA was the best tomato they had ever tasted."
The ADORA tomato is already available at several European points of sale (Switzerland, Germany, United Kingdom, Netherlands, etc.). For now, it is supplied exclusively by a network of passionate growers located in a production area of traditional tomatoes (Cabo de Gata Natural Park, Andalusia in Spain). Every grower respects a very strict set of specifications that serves as a guarantee of consistent quality.
For more information: www.tomato-adora.com
Publication date: 2/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: