- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Philippines: Salvador Benedicto potential highland organic vegetable capital
The Office of the Provincial Agriculturist is currently focusing on boosting production of high-value crops, mainly vegetables, to support the local food industry, specifically restaurants and culinary destinations. Provincial Agriculturist Japhet Masculino said that the increasing tourism appeal in the province requires additional production of fresh and healthy high-value crops.
Masculino: “We are working on further developing Salvador Benedicto as a major source of highland organic vegetables. It is just a matter of looking for farmers willing to go into vegetable production. Cabbage, broccoli, lettuce, and carrots are among the vegetables that are produced in upland areas. These crops are more suited for highland places due to certain climatic range.“
Sunstar.com reported how Salvador Benedicto really has huge potential for vegetable production given its ideal climate and good accessibility to irrigation, he added. What the town needs now is just the introduction of technology among its farmers, and mentoring, to start producing highland organic vegetables.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Organic edible flowers in pots: maximized freshness at one's fingertips
- 09/20/2018 Who is buying the most organic groceries?
- 09/20/2018 Italy: Demand increasing for organic sprouts
- 09/20/2018 France: "There is a serious shortage in organic producers"
- 09/19/2018 US: Record number of Organic Trade Association members vote in Board election
- 09/19/2018 Grower roundtable keynote presentation announced for OGS 2018
- 09/19/2018 Organto commences sales of organic asparagus
- 09/18/2018 Washington grower expands organic category
- 09/14/2018 Organic avocado supplies are shifting - California still in play
- 09/13/2018 Italy: Great success for organic mushrooms
- 09/12/2018 Italy: Sana 2018 organic fair
- 09/12/2018 New Zealand's organic sector showing major growth
- 09/11/2018 Organic supplier SunFresh takes new approach to developing new brand
- 09/11/2018 Costco sponsoring 'Meet the Grower' at Organic Grower Summit
- 09/07/2018 Organic sector starts autumn at fair in Lyon
- 09/07/2018 Organto begins sales of organic ginger and expands supply base
- 09/07/2018 Organic Trade Association drives move toward voluntary organic check-off
- 09/07/2018 Largest organic nursery in Central America inaugurated in Panama
- 09/06/2018 India: Daily market for local produce established in Dimapur
- 09/06/2018 What is the status of organic agriculture in Mexico?