Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CitrusBR expects larger export volumes
Brazil orange juice stocks to jump in 2017/18On Wednesday, the association of local juice processors CitrusBR said that Brazilian stocks of orange juice are expected to double from the previous harvest, due to higher production.
Stocks are projected to reach 254,200 tonnes (frozen, concentrated orange juice equivalent) by June, 137% more than in the same period in the 2016/17 harvest.
Brazil's industry-type orange crop in 2017/18 should reach 385.2 million boxes (at 40.8 kg), which would be 57 percent more than the weak previous season, says research body Fundecitrus. Ibiapaba Netto, executive director of CitrusBR, said that the larger crop allowed increased exports in the July to January period.
Nasdaq.com reports that total shipments increased by 20 percent to 651,300 tonnes compared with the same period last year. Exports to the United States increased with 34 percent to 163,000 tonnes, as American juice industries tried to compensate for reduced local output due to Hurricane Irma.
CitrusBR is still evaluating prospects for the next crop (2018/19); it does not predict a repetition of the large crop of 2017/18.
Publication date: 2/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: