Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Expanding track-and-trace options
Optel Group buys GeoTraceabilityThe Optel Group has made another acquisition in the track-and-trace category, buying Anglo-Canadian company GeoTraceability.
Just a few weeks after buying Verify Brand, Optel has reached a deal to take over GeoTraceability, taking ownership of its information systems, which it says combine “traceability and geomatics technologies to support the inclusion of smallholder producers of commodities and raw materials into complex supply chains.”
Optel says the deal will enable it to expand its traceability offerings to include the first link in the supply chain, namely raw materials and resource extraction. This will be added to its current coverage of manufacturing, distribution, consumption and waste tracking.
According to an article by securingindustry.com, Optel’s solutions are currently used in 17 countries, mainly for cocoa, coffee, fruit, nuts, vegetables, cotton, palm oil as well as minerals, and their database contains information on more than 250,000 small-scale producers in Asia, Africa and South America.
Publication date: 2/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: