- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
India: Untapped potential of fruit & vegetable growers to get export market soon
Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) Chairman D. K. Singh: "Our plan is to tap the areas where the quality of vegetables and fruits is worth exporting but farmers do not have the required markets.” Thus, chillies from Varanasi, chinia bananas from Bihar, mandarin orange from Arunachal Pradesh, pineapple from Tripura and banana from Akola of the Vidarbha region are currently on the APEDA's list.
Singh said the successful air-transport of 1.5 tonnes of chillies from Varanasi to Dubai last December had provided farmers an assured income and better returns. "Farmers from Varanasi were happy, as they earned about ₹ 100 (€ 1.25) more per 100 kgs.
Business-standard.com describes how, once regular exports from such unexplored areas start, this will boost the local economy and create employment through allied activities such as transportation and warehousing.
In this context, Dubai should be mentioned as a major importer of fruits and vegetables from India, also stepping up its activities as a distribution hub to other Gulf countries. It accounted for 17 percent of India's exports of vegetables and 27 percent of fruits during April-December 2017.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/24/2018 Chile and Brazil sign memorandum of understanding on organic products
- 09/24/2018 "Too Good to Go"-boxes
- 09/24/2018 Germany: Supermarket chain Rewe to buy imperfect produce
- 09/24/2018 Rwanda's agricultural exports grow by 44%
- 09/24/2018 'Availability of apples expanded - range of goods continued to diversify'
- 09/24/2018 Turkey: Food exports to China doubled in past three years
- 09/21/2018 Vietnam regains "strength" in Chinese fruit and vegetable export
- 09/21/2018 Mexico’s fruit and vegetable exports
- 09/21/2018 Kern County, USA: The nation's leading agricultural county
- 09/21/2018 Vegetables arrive by air from Mindanao
- 09/21/2018 Many consumers 'grossed out' by GMOs
- 09/21/2018 China and Mongolia launch first cross-border "green channel"
- 09/20/2018 Fruit variety and convenience for your winter wine
- 09/20/2018 Dominican Republic opens commercial relations with China
- 09/19/2018 Danish producer saves 75 tons of 'ugly' tomatoes
- 09/19/2018 US: California agriculture leads nation in funding for specialty crops
- 09/19/2018 "We will never be the cheapest producer in the world"
- 09/18/2018 Why the tomato was feared in Europe for more than 200 years
- 09/18/2018 India: Prices of imported goods up 8-12% due to falling rupee
- 09/17/2018 Turkey to grow tomatoes and tropical fruits in Sudan