- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
India: Untapped potential of fruit & vegetable growers to get export market soon
Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) Chairman D. K. Singh: "Our plan is to tap the areas where the quality of vegetables and fruits is worth exporting but farmers do not have the required markets.” Thus, chillies from Varanasi, chinia bananas from Bihar, mandarin orange from Arunachal Pradesh, pineapple from Tripura and banana from Akola of the Vidarbha region are currently on the APEDA's list.
Singh said the successful air-transport of 1.5 tonnes of chillies from Varanasi to Dubai last December had provided farmers an assured income and better returns. "Farmers from Varanasi were happy, as they earned about ₹ 100 (€ 1.25) more per 100 kgs.
Business-standard.com describes how, once regular exports from such unexplored areas start, this will boost the local economy and create employment through allied activities such as transportation and warehousing.
In this context, Dubai should be mentioned as a major importer of fruits and vegetables from India, also stepping up its activities as a distribution hub to other Gulf countries. It accounted for 17 percent of India's exports of vegetables and 27 percent of fruits during April-December 2017.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 “Kiwi fruit production is becoming more and more important for Greek growers”
- 2018-11-16 Russia: Unusual drop of fruit and veg prices in October
- 2018-11-16 Egyptian e-commerce platform raises $700,000 investments
- 2018-11-16 Half of Romanians choose to buy “Made in Romania” products
- 2018-11-16 Turkey: 2018 annual agricultural projections have been updated
- 2018-11-15 'Availability of tomatoes grew, prices frequently dropped'
- 2018-11-15 France: "There will be a shortage of ceps for Christmas"
- 2018-11-15 Lebanon's route to Gulf markets choked by politics
- 2018-11-15 ‘No quick resolution in view for US-China trade war’
- 2018-11-15 Saint Lucia ready to launch Import Substitution Programme
- 2018-11-14 Bolivia: Garlic and onion producers ask authorities to close border to smuggling
- 2018-11-14 Baden-Württemberg: Harvest year characterized by dry summer
- 2018-11-14 China signs fresh produce MoU with Caribbean region
- 2018-11-14 "Difficult market for last strawberries of the year"
- 2018-11-14 Poland courting East Africa as trade partner
- 2018-11-14 Kenya horticulture export earnings growing
- 2018-11-14 Namibia food imports still sky-high
- 2018-11-14 Turkey: Annual agricultural production projections for 2018 have been updated
- 2018-11-13 Pink Lady Day at Mazzoni Group
- 2018-11-12 ‘Kyrgyzstan cannot fully meet the needs of the domestic market’