- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Spain: Hnos. Fernandez Lopez SA acquires the Sociedad Sevimpor Distribuidora de Frutas de Importacion, SL
- Grapes and algae - China's new weapons against desertification
- Major fresh produce traceability project underway in New Zealand
- Photo Report: World Food Moscow 2018
- “Ninety per cent of our lettuce is shipped via air cargo nowadays”
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
LC Packaging’s Bengali production location gets good working practice certificate
Great working conditions
LC Packaging’s production location in Bangladesh differs from many other factories due to its good working conditions. The wages are higher than the living wages set by the government. Moreover, regular training programs are unceasingly organised for continuous development of the employees. Moreover, all employees have full-time access to (emergency) medical care. Health care trainings are organised by the medical support provider to make employees more conscious about their health.
Construction of second production location
Recently, LC Packaging started the construction of a second FIBC production location in Bangladesh. The production location will be approximately 10.000 m2. Consequently, the current capacity of LC Packaging’s FIBC will double. The new production facility will produce food-safe as well as pharma-clean packaging for the pharma, food and chemical industry.
Aligned with production partners
All FIBC production partners of LC Packaging are SA8000 certified or have a similar certification and share the same values and commitment when it comes to human rights and environmental issues. In 2016, LC Packaging launched its Global Supplier Code of Conduct. The document is based on the SA8000 standards and the UN principles on business and human rights. LC Packaging expects its production partners to comply to all standards described in the Global Supplier Code of Conduct.
Due to its efforts in the areas of Quality and Process Improvement, Health & Safety, Food Safety and the Environment, LC Packaging’s production location has received other certificates, such as the FSSC 22000, the ISO 14001, the ISO 9001 and the OHSAS 18001. Not forgetting that the production facility is also an advanced member of the UN Global Compact.
The SA8000 is an international auditable certification standard, which encourages companies to develop, maintain and apply socially acceptable practices in the workplace. It contains provisions relating to, among other things, child labour, forced labour, health and safety, discrimination, working hours and remuneration.
For more information:
LC Packaging International
+31 (0) 6 29 49 62 43
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/24/2018 Greenyard sells Horticulture segment for 120 Million Euro
- 09/24/2018 Del Monte Foods launch first master brand campaign since 2012
- 09/24/2018 Spain: Hnos. Fernandez Lopez SA acquires the Sociedad Sevimpor Distribuidora de Frutas de Importacion, SL
- 09/24/2018 Sandra Pannekeet to open American JASA branch
- 09/24/2018 Frigga announced new products for 2019 at Asia Fruit Logistica
- 09/24/2018 Tomato growers plan 24-hour strike for better wages in New Zealand
- 09/24/2018 Pace International’s ecoFOG receives sustainability recognition
- 09/24/2018 Philippines: Israeli irrigation firm targets Davao region’s farms
- 09/24/2018 "Increasing the number of Rainforest Alliance Certified products on our shelves"
- 09/24/2018 New Zealand: Zespri reports strong year despite lower volumes
- 09/24/2018 JD 7FRESH announces nationwide distribution of new stores
- 09/21/2018 Aldi announces two-year deal with Carlow-based mushroom growers
- 09/20/2018 JD.com ramps up 7FRESH stores expansion across China
- 09/20/2018 "We hope to benefit more people with our knowledge and machinery"
- 09/20/2018 Italy: 2500 tons expected of Dori' kiwis
- 09/20/2018 Plans to rebuild Munich wholesale market hall picks up again
- 09/20/2018 Claas van Os leaving Levarht
- 09/19/2018 Eric Biddiscombe joins Polymer Logistics
- 09/19/2018 Ross Williams receives Southeast Produce Council’s Next Generation Award
- 09/19/2018 Mooy Logistics sold for 3.96 million euros