Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Chile: Increase in export of walnuts to Morocco and India"The main destination for shelled walnuts remains Turkey, followed by Italy, the Arab Emirates, India and Morocco. These countries accounted for 85% of the volume shipped in 2017. Both Morocco and India increased their imported volumes, going from 813 tonnes and 534 tonnes in 2016 to 2,518 and 4,826 tonnes, respectively." This information was published in the newsletter of ChileNut and is based on official customs records. They hope to continue growing in India.
ChileNut is the Association of Producers and Exporters of Walnuts of Chile. The association was founded in 2002 and brings together all producers and exporters in the fourth and ninth regions of Chile. "The entity currently accounts for 55% of the domestic acreage devoted to walnuts and 20% of Chile's export capacity."
As for the unshelled product, the 5 main destinations in both 2016 and 2017 were Brazil, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Spain. "Together, these countries accounted for 56% of the volume exported in 2016 and 60% of the volume exported in 2017. Between 2016 and 2017, the volume grew by 38%, reaching 25.8 thousand tonnes in 2017. Shelled walnut exports reached 56.5 thousand tonnes in 2017. Although the circumstances in 2016 were unique due to the impact of rainfall in the harvest season, the increase in volume reached 62.4%."
Publication date: 2/15/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: