Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: La Linea Verde conquers new markets
2018 already seems to be a good year for La Linea Verde after an excellent 2017 with an estimated turnover of €238 million (6% higher than 2016). As of January 2018, the Italian company specialising in fresh-cut, ready-to-eat, extracts, fresh soup and other high-added-value products has become a supplier for French supermarket chain Intermarché. Products are shipped both from the headquarters and from the Spanish facility of Tudela.
La Linea Verde started working in Spain in 2007 through investment company Vegetales Línea Verde Navarra and has also reached an agreement with Elaborados Naturales for the acquisition of the Lodosa production site, which specialises in the production of sauces, Russian salad and sandwiches.
The plan to develop abroad also extends to Eastern Europe with the objective of supplying the area with high-quality products throughout the year. This is why La Linea Verde has recently set up a commercial and fresh-cut production facility in Serbia, which will also supply Russia.
In Spain, La Linea Verde already supplies Mercadona supermarkets with fresh soups shipped from the Italian facility as well as fresh-cut products supplied by the Spanish one. This growth will have positive effects on employment as well, as the company is looking to hire operators.
At Fruit Logistica 2018, La Linea Verde showcased its extract and fresh vegetable cream range.
After having analysed consumer preferences, La Linea Verde is also redesigning the packaging of its salad mixes - a new solution is being developed that is resealable and that will not squash the product.
A message for you
A special St. Valentine's Day packaging was also developed and associated with a Facebook and Instagram marketing campaign that also included a recipe.
Packaging with the "Sì alla Bontà" (Yes to Goodness) and "Sì alla Freschezza" (Yes to Freshness) logos was also introduced. An innovative technique was used as the plastic is printed and therefore no label is used.
Publication date: 2/15/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: