- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US: Georgia greenhouse construction project coming to life
Over the course of the last few weeks once post holes were dug and back filled, and Dutch greenhouse builder Havecon began erecting the main structure with full scale implementation now underway. From a timing standpoint, the project is on track for completion by late summer with the first crop of tomatoes & seedless cucumbers to be planted shortly thereafter.
“Building a high-tech greenhouse in Georgia was part of our growth strategy to extend our reach across North America. Being strategically located in Peach County allows us in some instances to have same day & next day deliveries in the southeast region”, stated Matt Mastronardi, Executive Vice-President. Pure Flavor® researched more than 400 sites throughout North America before settling on Peach County, GA. The 75-acre greenhouse project broke ground in September 2017 and will be built in 3 phases of 25 acres. Phase 1 is expected to be completed in late Summer 2018.
“Greenhouse tomatoes & seedless cucumbers grown in Georgia will help breathe new life in to the category. It will help our retail (& foodservice partners) in the region to have fresher product on store shelves while maintaining consistent quality and availability year-round. In the end, it is the consumer who will benefit from great product grown in the state of Georgia”, said Mastronardi.
Retail partners & consumers can follow the progress in photos of the Georgia
greenhouse construction on a weekly basis by visiting the Pure Flavor® Georgia Photo Gallery: https://goo.gl/s5UCgc
“We are connecting our customers with the project in every way possible with frequent updates via social media, the photo gallery, and video stories shot by drone”, said Chris Veillon, Chief Marketing Officer. A customised website was built just before the groundbreaking in September 2017 to announce the project, the page now serves as the central resource for everything to do with the Georgia project. “A connected customer is an informed customer, we can’t wait to get our first plants into the greenhouse later this summer”, said Veillon. Pure Flavor® expects the first crops to be picked in early Fall 2018.
Pure Flavor®’s most recent Georgia construction video:
Pure Flavor® will be exhibiting at the upcoming Southern Exposure Trade Show & Convention in Tampa, FL March 3rd. Visitors are encouraged to visit Booth #605 to learn more about the Georgia project.
To learn more about the Pure Flavor® Georgia greenhouse project, please visit
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 Growing exotic fruit during cold, dark Icelandic winters thanks to geothermal energy
- 09/19/2018 Germany: Scarce cucumbers and high prices - but things are getting better
- 09/19/2018 Lower pepper exports for Spain
- 09/13/2018 Company-university partnership helps build Mexico’s greenhouse industry
- 09/13/2018 Freight Farms announces 'Grown'
- 09/12/2018 Growing bananas in a greenhouse with a steam machine
- 09/10/2018 “We’re heading towards the best cucumber season in years”
- 09/07/2018 Danes research greenhouse grow lamps
- 08/31/2018 New analysis of horticulture branch in the Danish Odense
- 08/30/2018 Mexican algorithm to control greenhouses wins competition in the Netherlands
- 08/30/2018 Disney greenhouse grows huge vegetables
- 08/29/2018 Urban greenhouse grower expands into romaine lettuce
- 08/22/2018 Greenhouse peppers see thinner supplies for now
- 08/16/2018 Canadian greenhouse cucumber supply strained
- 08/14/2018 French homeless shelter plans to build a greenhouse rooftop
- 08/06/2018 Hydroponic grower introduces 'Sea Beans'
- 07/20/2018 Food source scares result in increased demand for greenhouse lettuce
- 07/18/2018 "US: "Mini pepper category is now a core commodity"
- 07/17/2018 NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- 07/12/2018 US (NJ): Flower grower adds 4.4 ha retractable roof greenhouse