Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Cuba: Ciego de Avila expects to have a good potato harvest
Local farmers are currently conducting crop management, fertilization, and phytosanitary care of their crops.
State producers and farmers of Ciego de Avila expect to have a successful potato harvest in the territory, as the crop's health is currently good.
Even though the sowing campaign was delayed by the rains, producers were able to plant some 850 hectares of potatoes, distributed in the La Cuba, Arnaldo Ramírez, El Mambi, and Cuba Soy companies; as well as in the Paquito Gonzalez cooperative and other local bases.
Orlando Perez Pedreira, a delegate of this sector in the province, said that they expected this year's production to match last year's collection, with average yields of 22 tons per hectare, one of the best in the country.
Local farmers plan to begin the harvest of the spuds, which have a high demand in Ciego de Avila, in mid-March.
The irrigation systems in the cultivated areas also favor the current quality of the potato crops in this central province.
Publication date: 2/15/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: