Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cuba: Ciego de Avila expects to have a good potato harvest
Local farmers are currently conducting crop management, fertilization, and phytosanitary care of their crops.
State producers and farmers of Ciego de Avila expect to have a successful potato harvest in the territory, as the crop's health is currently good.
Even though the sowing campaign was delayed by the rains, producers were able to plant some 850 hectares of potatoes, distributed in the La Cuba, Arnaldo Ramírez, El Mambi, and Cuba Soy companies; as well as in the Paquito Gonzalez cooperative and other local bases.
Orlando Perez Pedreira, a delegate of this sector in the province, said that they expected this year's production to match last year's collection, with average yields of 22 tons per hectare, one of the best in the country.
Local farmers plan to begin the harvest of the spuds, which have a high demand in Ciego de Avila, in mid-March.
The irrigation systems in the cultivated areas also favor the current quality of the potato crops in this central province.
Publication date: 2/15/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: