Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
- Spanish company growing by 50% per year in the subtropical sector
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Ginger exports increased by more than 100% in 2017
The international markets are noticing the quality of Peru's ginger. As a result, in 2017 the country exported a total of 25,205,683 kilos of ginger abroad for an FOB value of US $48,078,767.
This means ginger exports increased by more than 100% in value when compared to 2016, when the country exported 13,731,529 kilos of ginger for US $23,107,981.
According to the Agrodata Peru website, the two main destination markets for this product in 2017 were the Netherlands and the United States, which made purchases for US $23,089,000 and US $18,370,000, respectively.
Other important destinations for this product, although on a smaller scale, were Canada (US $2,866,000), Belgium (US $614,000), and Italy (US $590,000).
Publication date: 2/15/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: