- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Cloud helps the Spar Group streamline operations
- China: Price of haricot beans drops
- LEMA: "We're like your dream organic fruit shopping mall"
- Maersk container industry secures historically large reefer order from Hapag-Lloyd
- Hurricane Michael caused $158 Million in Florida agricultural production losses
Top 5 -last week
- New Zealand: 2018-2019 apple acreage forecast to be up 3 percent at 9,700 hectares
- Spain: Horticultural imports grew by 7% up until August
- Spain: Aromatic and medicinal herbs, an alternative in irrigated areas
- Wisconsin importer and distributor invests in solar energy
- Italy: Fresh pineapples from the DR thanks to air transportation
University of Minnesota: Health benefits of pears
Pears are an excellent source of fibres and a good source of vitamin C for only 100 calories per serving. One medium pear provides about 24 percent of daily fibre needs. They are sodium-free, cholesterol-free, fat-free and contain 190 mg of potassium.
According to an article by deccanchronicle.com, Slavin found the body of evidence for a relationship between pear intake and health outcomes to be sparse and diverse and believes intervention studies with pears that show positive health outcomes, most likely improvements in gut health, are needed.
While the body of evidence connecting pear intake and health outcomes is still limited, USA Pears has been contributing to research efforts by commissioning independent studies to learn and affirm the heath attributes of pears.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 ‘Regular vegetable intake keeps heart healthy’
- 2018-11-16 Nutritionists point at amazing property of avocado
- 2018-11-16 New technology takes 87% of sugars out of fruit juice
- 2018-11-16 Eating green vegetables helps prevent fall injuries
- 2018-11-14 Health benefits of eating black grapes with seeds
- 2018-11-13 Resistant germs: Can raw food and lettuce be health risks?
- 2018-11-13 Fight disease with an anti-inflammatory diet
- 2018-11-13 A healthy alternative to antibiotics
- 2018-11-12 Grapefruits – 5 health benefits
- 2018-11-01 ‘There is a link between eating fruit & veg and risk of asthma and allergies”
- 2018-10-26 Hass Avocado Board participates in FNCE 2018
- 2018-10-23 Seed researcher and producer raises money in heart and stroke walks
- 2018-10-17 Who needs botox?
- 2018-10-12 The Chiquita blue sticker turns pink for a good cause!
- 2018-10-11 Omani women use cherimoya to develop remedy against hair loss
- 2018-10-11 Horticulture initiative focuses on nutrients: "Healthy food makes you feel better"
- 2018-10-08 80% of retailers rally together to drive up veg consumption in UK
- 2018-10-02 Pumpkin donuts for Halloween
- 2018-09-25 Fruity beauty: Use of fruit in personal care products increases 10.7%
- 2018-09-19 ‘Agroecology can feed Europe pesticide-free in 2050’