Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
MSC Shuba B is its biggest container ship ever
United States: Port of Philadelphia gets gigantic visitorLast Tuesday, the Port of Philadelphia welcomed the largest container ship to ever dock at its wharves. This was the 330 metres-long MSC Shuba B, bearing a cargo primarily of South American produce.
The ship, which was commissioned last year, is almost as long as a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier. The ship’s capacity is listed at 12,238 TEUs (standard international containers), making the Shuba B part of a new generation of ultra-large container vessels, sized to sail through the expanded Panama Canal.
The vessel, which was loaded in Chilean and Peruvian ports, took 10 days to sail from Callao, Peru, and was set to discharge a total of about 500 containers in Philadelphia, including 340 refrigerated boxes containing table grapes, nectarines, plums, pears and the last South American blueberry crops.
Website philly.com reported that the perishable produce will be quickly loaded onto trucks and distributed through the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic, and even into Canada. The ship will continue its voyage on to Northern Europe.
Publication date: 2/14/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: