Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
South Korea: Strawberries and bananas popular for ancestor’s memorial ritesAccording to data from the Rural Development Administration, over 80% of South Koreans buy fruits for memorial ceremonies, with nearly 1 in 4 offering strawberries and bananas to their ancestors during the traditional Lunar New Year ceremony.
The ritual always includes South Koreans serving food -including fruits- in memory of their ancestors. Though apples and pears are typically used, strawberries and bananas have emerged as new popular options.
However koreabizwire.com reports that only 65.9% of South Korean households intend to hold ancestral memorial rites this year, down from 71% in 2014.
Publication date: 2/14/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: