Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
South Korea: Strawberries and bananas popular for ancestor’s memorial ritesAccording to data from the Rural Development Administration, over 80% of South Koreans buy fruits for memorial ceremonies, with nearly 1 in 4 offering strawberries and bananas to their ancestors during the traditional Lunar New Year ceremony.
The ritual always includes South Koreans serving food -including fruits- in memory of their ancestors. Though apples and pears are typically used, strawberries and bananas have emerged as new popular options.
However koreabizwire.com reports that only 65.9% of South Korean households intend to hold ancestral memorial rites this year, down from 71% in 2014.
Publication date: 2/14/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: