Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit ScandinaviŽ en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
South Korea: Strawberries and bananas popular for ancestorís memorial ritesAccording to data from the Rural Development Administration, over 80% of South Koreans buy fruits for memorial ceremonies, with nearly 1 in 4 offering strawberries and bananas to their ancestors during the traditional Lunar New Year ceremony.
The ritual always includes South Koreans serving food -including fruits- in memory of their ancestors. Though apples and pears are typically used, strawberries and bananas have emerged as new popular options.
However koreabizwire.com reports that only 65.9% of South Korean households intend to hold ancestral memorial rites this year, down from 71% in 2014.
Publication date: 2/14/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: