- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
- Dan Martin appointed President IFCO North America
- From knife and boots to the excitement of the greenhouse
- Albertsons: For 3rd consecutive quarter ID sales grow while ecommerce soars
- 12 supermarkets and hypermarkets operated by the Quattrucci family join the Casino Group
- Romania imports 10 times more fruit and vegetables than it exported
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Kathmandu Valley consumes 40% of all vegetables produced in Nepal
"While more farmers are being attracted toward vegetable farming, the lack of markets forces them to sell their produce at lower rates to the major markets, causing oversupply there. As a result, fruits and vegetables often rot, causing huge loss to both farmers and trader”," said Dahal.
Speaking at a program organized by Kalimati Fruits and Vegetables Market Development Board on the occasion of its 24th anniversary in Kathmandu last Tuesday, Dahal said that the Ministry had already taken initiatives to establish markets for agricultural products in other parts of the country.
Myrepublica.com quoted him as saying: "Province-level agricultural markets are already under construction across the country. Markets are being constructed in various parts of the country such as Biratnagar, Birtamod, Dhanusha, Butwal and Mahendranagar. These markets can be established as sister markets to the Kalimati Fruits and Vegetable Market.”
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 Did Fresno Unified School district overpay by hundreds of thousands of dollars?
- 10/17/2018 The challenges of the Agri-food sector
- 10/17/2018 Moving location of fruit and vegetables in shops can lead to 15% sales increase
- 10/17/2018 Costa Rica works hard to expand export trade with China
- 10/17/2018 'Hungarian vegetable harvest steady around 1.9 mln tons'
- 10/16/2018 Romania imports 10 times more fruit and vegetables than it exported
- 10/16/2018 Taiwan to expand trade with Turkey
- 10/16/2018 Argentina has potential to export more fruit, but it must improve quality
- 10/16/2018 Minister Mwanamveka unhappy that Malawi is importing bananas
- 10/16/2018 Food products from Philippines aim for export to Russia
- 10/16/2018 Indonesian Minister of Agriculture Amran opens export market of mangosteen to Taiwan
- 10/16/2018 Syria: Souq al-Hal market starts to thrive again
- 10/15/2018 Wuppertal student develops 'storage ABC' for fruits and vegetables
- 10/15/2018 Pharr, Texas celebrates the start of the 2018-2019 produce season
- 10/15/2018 Deluge continues across south-east Queensland
- 10/12/2018 New US trade agreement just 'tip of the iceberg'
- 10/12/2018 'Germany dominating cucumber market, more so than The Netherlands'
- 10/12/2018 Value of Turkish fruit and veg exports so far this year exceeds 1 billion dollars
- 10/11/2018 US: Most agricultural commodities neutral to profitable
- 10/10/2018 Morocco, Russia willing to set up tripartite partnership with Africa