- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Barcoded apple more important than many realise
- Turkish producers switching from tomatoes and peppers to pitaya
- Hurricane Michael destroys corn, while other crops were already suffering
- US: Spotted lanternfly found in Virginia
- Globally innovative Dutch agricultural equipment company shines at iFresh Fair
Top 5 -last week
Kathmandu Valley consumes 40% of all vegetables produced in Nepal
"While more farmers are being attracted toward vegetable farming, the lack of markets forces them to sell their produce at lower rates to the major markets, causing oversupply there. As a result, fruits and vegetables often rot, causing huge loss to both farmers and trader”," said Dahal.
Speaking at a program organized by Kalimati Fruits and Vegetables Market Development Board on the occasion of its 24th anniversary in Kathmandu last Tuesday, Dahal said that the Ministry had already taken initiatives to establish markets for agricultural products in other parts of the country.
Myrepublica.com quoted him as saying: "Province-level agricultural markets are already under construction across the country. Markets are being constructed in various parts of the country such as Biratnagar, Birtamod, Dhanusha, Butwal and Mahendranagar. These markets can be established as sister markets to the Kalimati Fruits and Vegetable Market.”
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-15 'Availability of tomatoes grew, prices frequently dropped'
- 2018-11-15 France: "There will be a shortage of ceps for Christmas"
- 2018-11-15 Lebanon's route to Gulf markets choked by politics
- 2018-11-15 ‘No quick resolution in view for US-China trade war’
- 2018-11-15 Saint Lucia ready to launch Import Substitution Programme
- 2018-11-14 Bolivia: Garlic and onion producers ask authorities to close border to smuggling
- 2018-11-14 Baden-Württemberg: Harvest year characterized by dry summer
- 2018-11-14 China signs fresh produce MoU with Caribbean region
- 2018-11-14 "Difficult market for last strawberries of the year"
- 2018-11-14 Poland courting East Africa as trade partner
- 2018-11-14 Kenya horticulture export earnings growing
- 2018-11-14 Namibia food imports still sky-high
- 2018-11-14 Turkey: Annual agricultural production projections for 2018 have been updated
- 2018-11-13 Pink Lady Day at Mazzoni Group
- 2018-11-12 ‘Kyrgyzstan cannot fully meet the needs of the domestic market’
- 2018-11-12 US researchers discover genes that define a vegetable’s shape
- 2018-11-09 Nepal: Imported fruits worth Rs7.58 billion in Q1
- 2018-11-09 Chile: Record fruit exports to China
- 2018-11-09 'Supply of pears falling somewhat, but demand could be met'
- 2018-11-08 Campaign for EU quality label “Europe, where quality is at home’