- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Tropical storm Leslie does not cause damage to Spanish open field cultivation"
- Greenhouse grower to offer taste-tests "behind closed doors" at PMA
- US: Hot pepper supplies lighter but demand strong
- Tearless onions... Who needs them?
- Egyptian company Wadi El Nile aims to increase its exports to $12 mln next year
Top 5 -last month
- Selected, preserved, rediscovered: the new life of the Ovalone tomato 50 years later
- Amazon: Whole Foods delivery service expansion continues
- Masia Ciscar will grow exclusively three Chilean raspberry varieties
- Gilroy garlic ranch fully supports trade war
- Spain: Cooperatives want debate on 'ruinous' melon and watermelon prices
Top 5 -last week
Table potato market East Germany - MIO Kw 6/18
Current temperatures ensure good storage conditions
The table potato market is largely unchanged compared to last week. Producer prices remain stable. Stock surcharges could not yet be enforced. The demand for packaged goods is good. The demand fluctuates, mirroring the promotions of the various retail chains. Storage conditions are optimal at current outdoor temperatures (around freezing point). Only occasionally rotting lots must be picked out. The price for shelled potatoes also remains stable. Due to the school holidays, it is currently quieter on the peeled potato market, the sales in the catering are sometimes increasing.
Prices on the table potato market remain unchanged. Packers currently expect no change in prices for the coming weeks. In food retailing and for the discounters, there are regular promotions which boost sales again and again. The quality of the goods varies. At the moment, floury potatoes are causing problems. On the peeled potatoes market, the price level of the previous week was held for raw and steamed peeled potatoes. Due to holidays, sales of peeled potatoes are declining.
Prices on the table potato market have not changed this week either. For several months, the price of table potatoes has remained at the current level. A turnaround is not in sight, given the abundance of potatoes from the 2017 harvest. Problematic lots are mostly eliminated. Left and right there are always potato lots, the quality of which surprises when being sorted, both negatively and positively. Almost weekly, promotional offers are undertaken by discounters or in the food retail trade. All in all, people are not buying more potatoes. The peeled potato prices remain at the level of last week.
The sales of local mail-order companies with good products are flourishing. This high quality is in short supply this year, and there is demand for it. Producer prices for food products remain at the previous week's level. Up to now, no stock surcharges are granted by the trade. The current low temperatures ensure good storage conditions. At temperatures in the double-digit minus range, however, the transport of potatoes requires special precautions. With the school holidays it has become calmer in the peeled potato business. The prices for peeled goods are stable.
There is still plenty of product on the market. There is hardly any room for the payment of stock surcharges. Producer prices for table potatoes remain at the level of recent weeks. Sales are described as quiet by the packers. Through promotions in food retailing or in the discount area, sales are being stimulated again and again. A quick sale of the 2017 harvest is necessary, partly because there are doubts about the shelf life in conventional warehouses this year. The peeled potato prices remain at the level of last week.
Source: mio lallf
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 Yield organic of potatoes has not collapsed as much as that of conventional ones
- 10/18/2018 India: Onions likely to cost Rs 45 a kg by Diwali on low crop
- 10/18/2018 Egypt - “We aim to export 5,000 tons of sweet potato next year”
- 10/18/2018 Most of North Carolina's sweet potato crop saved
- 10/18/2018 Onion Market and Crop Update for October 18, 2018
- 10/17/2018 Spain: Potato campaign coming to an end in Castile-Leon
- 10/17/2018 “More potato virus cases suspected”
- 10/17/2018 UK potato farmers feel effects of variable weather
- 10/17/2018 "Very few transactions on the fresh market"
- 10/17/2018 Belgium: Potato yield, size and EPS are the lowest in the last 4 harvests
- 10/16/2018 Test grubbing delivers lower yields than expected
- 10/15/2018 Potato, onion and carrot market in Lower Austria: Stable market situation
- 10/15/2018 “We’ve never been out of potatoes before”
- 10/15/2018 ''Hurricane leads to sweet potato harvest problems in the US''
- 10/15/2018 Scotland: Guide for potato pest
- 10/15/2018 Italy: The price of potatoes is increasing
- 10/15/2018 Potatoes turned into crisps in 53 minutes
- 10/15/2018 Walkers launches Brussels sprouts flavoured crisps
- 10/12/2018 Wisconsin potato grower introduces Harvest Delites brand
- 10/11/2018 Durian potato chips appearing in China