- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
- PM Modi inaugurates India's first multi-modal terminal in Varanasi
- Unique varietes of potatoes shown at Agrico
- "We are going to have more kilos of tomatoes and new varieties"
- Philippines trails its peers in all crops except for pineapple and banana
- South Africa: Citrus farmers complain about lack of water licenses
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Table potato market East Germany - MIO Kw 6/18
Current temperatures ensure good storage conditions
The table potato market is largely unchanged compared to last week. Producer prices remain stable. Stock surcharges could not yet be enforced. The demand for packaged goods is good. The demand fluctuates, mirroring the promotions of the various retail chains. Storage conditions are optimal at current outdoor temperatures (around freezing point). Only occasionally rotting lots must be picked out. The price for shelled potatoes also remains stable. Due to the school holidays, it is currently quieter on the peeled potato market, the sales in the catering are sometimes increasing.
Prices on the table potato market remain unchanged. Packers currently expect no change in prices for the coming weeks. In food retailing and for the discounters, there are regular promotions which boost sales again and again. The quality of the goods varies. At the moment, floury potatoes are causing problems. On the peeled potatoes market, the price level of the previous week was held for raw and steamed peeled potatoes. Due to holidays, sales of peeled potatoes are declining.
Prices on the table potato market have not changed this week either. For several months, the price of table potatoes has remained at the current level. A turnaround is not in sight, given the abundance of potatoes from the 2017 harvest. Problematic lots are mostly eliminated. Left and right there are always potato lots, the quality of which surprises when being sorted, both negatively and positively. Almost weekly, promotional offers are undertaken by discounters or in the food retail trade. All in all, people are not buying more potatoes. The peeled potato prices remain at the level of last week.
The sales of local mail-order companies with good products are flourishing. This high quality is in short supply this year, and there is demand for it. Producer prices for food products remain at the previous week's level. Up to now, no stock surcharges are granted by the trade. The current low temperatures ensure good storage conditions. At temperatures in the double-digit minus range, however, the transport of potatoes requires special precautions. With the school holidays it has become calmer in the peeled potato business. The prices for peeled goods are stable.
There is still plenty of product on the market. There is hardly any room for the payment of stock surcharges. Producer prices for table potatoes remain at the level of recent weeks. Sales are described as quiet by the packers. Through promotions in food retailing or in the discount area, sales are being stimulated again and again. A quick sale of the 2017 harvest is necessary, partly because there are doubts about the shelf life in conventional warehouses this year. The peeled potato prices remain at the level of last week.
Source: mio lallf
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-13 Ireland: Soaring potato costs create pressure for food processors
- 2018-11-13 Ireland: Domestic potato market report
- 2018-11-13 Nigeria: Enugu onions dealers attribute high cost and scarcity to poor harvest
- 2018-11-13 Poland: Lower availability and smaller-sized onions this season
- 2018-11-13 Potato brand offers tips for plant-based menu plans
- 2018-11-13 Lao onion and garlic smuggled across Mekong River
- 2018-11-13 Surviving hard potato times
- 2018-11-13 US potato exports down: Retaliatory tariffs blamed
- 2018-11-12 Canada: rain worries potato growers
- 2018-11-12 US: Wisconsin potato crop facing 12 percent decline
- 2018-11-12 Canadian grower slips into sweet potato production
- 2018-11-12 Canada: Prince Edward Island farmers say 15% of crops still in ground
- 2018-11-09 China: Potato production down 20%, potato reserve fell by 30%
- 2018-11-09 "Prices of French sweet potatoes are stable"
- 2018-11-09 China: Fewer winter potatoes than last year
- 2018-11-09 US: Onion Market and Crop Update
- 2018-11-09 Cape onion producers well-placed to take advantage of European shortage
- 2018-11-09 Egypt exported over 759,200 tons of ware potatoes
- 2018-11-09 Dr Oz Show educates on the health benefits of onions
- 2018-11-09 'Potato gene' reveals how ancient Andeans adapted to starchy diet