Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Secretary of State Dr. Aeikens appreciates the commitment of the German fruit and vegetable industryThe "German Fruit Traders Night" at the world's leading trade fair, Fruit Logistica in Berlin, is now considered the international industry meeting of the fruit and vegetable industry. Over 500 domestic and foreign guests accepted the invitation of the Federal Association of Producer Organizations Fruit and Vegetables (BVEO) to round off the first day of the fair in a relaxed atmosphere. The 2018 German Fruit Traders Night also celebrated its 10th anniversary.
10th German Fruit Traders Night: (left to right) Christian Weseloh, dr. Henning Ehlers, dr. Hermann Onko Aeikens, Franz-Josef Holzenkamp
In his opening words, Secretary of State Dr. Hermann Onko Aeikens emphasized the renown of this popular international industry meeting, as a way to build bridges between German and foreign exhibitors, customers and suppliers, and as a way to maintain good business relationships.
Franz-Josef Holzenkamp, President of the German Raiffeisen Association (DRV) and member of the BVEO Board of Management, emphasized in his welcoming speech how important the export market development is for the German fruit and vegetable industry. "The good cooperation between the Federal Ministry, the Julius Kühn Institute and the producer organizations for fruit and vegetables needs to be intensified, so we can all approach other, newly affluent countries in a timely manner," said Holzenkamp.
In addition to the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture, the German Fruit Traders Night is supported by QS Quality and Safety GmbH, Euro Pool System International (Germany) GmbH and Messe Berlin GmbH.
Publication date: 2/21/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: