Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China's cherry imports increase 13% on last year
The Chinese import of cherries has increased hugely as a result of a worldwide increase in cherry production volumes and an increase of living standards in China. The season in which cherries from the southern hemisphere mature fortunately coincides with the Chinese Spring Festival. In recent years the imported cherries from Chile, New Zealand, and Australia have become fine-quality products that many Chinese give as seasonal gifts or enjoy for themselves.
Imported cherries undergo inspection
Shanghai is one of China's most important ports for the import of cherries. The cherries allowed to access China mainly come from the United States, Chile, New Zealand, Canada, and Australia. Statistical reports from the Shanghai Office for Quality Supervision, Inspection, and Quarantine show that Shanghai port imported nearly 30 thousand tons of cherries.
Although each individual country has reduced cherry production, the overall import volume of China still increased with 13.1% compared to the previous year. Between November and December 2017, Shanghai imported 3,000 tons of air freighted cherries, which is an increase of 20% compared to the same period in the previous year and set a historical record.
Publication date: 2/14/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: