- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Brexit and pesticides: what does the British government want to do if there’s ‘no deal’?
- Cold and rain delays start of Texas grapefruit season
- “Short and interesting sweet potato season from the US”
- "The fair's schedule will allow us to work and develop our winter programs"
- Russian tomato grower to invest $550 million in Uzbekistan project
Top 5 -last week
- Good weather conditions for start of Florida cucumber season
- Egypt exported over 759,200 tons of ware potatoes
- Honduras: Okra sales will generate US $45 million
- Will Poland lose its leading position in the export of apples and concentrates?
- "Organic foods are not safer, and probably not more nutritious either"
The year's first six ton supply shipped to Japan
Farmers in central Taiwan confident Japanese will love their 'Oolong Bananas'
The Citong Fruit and Vegetable Cooperative in Yunlin that is marketing the bananas hopes they do well in Japan, thus boosting sales for banana growers in the region. The workers eagerly worked through the weekend to have the six ton shipment ready.
Taiwannews.com reports that bananas are the most important agriculture export product to Japan; with Taiwan in the past exporting over 20,000 tons a year. In recent years, competition with banana exporters from Southeast Asia, and an increased domestic demand caused a drastic drop in banana exports to Japan, falling back to some 1,000 tons.
Now it appears there is an incredibly lucrative opening for the banana growers of Yunlin and Taiwan. Taiwan may just revive its reputation as the “Banana Kingdom.”
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-14 Banana exports from Laos to China fell by 184.04% this year
- 2018-11-14 Cameroon: Historic decline in banana exports
- 2018-11-14 Peru: BOS plans to export 8.2 million kilos of bananas
- 2018-11-14 China: Price of bananas in Nanning, Guangxi, slowly warms up
- 2018-11-14 Demand on cooking bananas about to increase sharply
- 2018-11-14 California: Chiquita renews contract with Port of Hueneme
- 2018-11-13 Saving the banana from worldwide disease
- 2018-11-13 Banana farm inspections to ease SPS compliance worries
- 2018-11-13 Philippines trails its peers in all crops except for pineapple and banana
- 2018-11-12 China: Large volume of bananas held up at Mengkang Port
- 2018-11-12 China: Banana price still high in November despite fluctuations
- 2018-11-12 Cameroon: significant decline in banana exports
- 2018-11-12 UK: Man accused of stealing over £120,000 worth of bananas
- 2018-11-09 China: Why the price of imported bananas suddenly increased by 20%?
- 2018-11-09 Mexico: Chiapas exports plantain to Canada
- 2018-11-09 Cameroon banana exports fell by 13,394t in September-October
- 2018-11-08 "Supplies of bananas good…for now"
- 2018-11-08 Ugandan MPs want to shut down PIBID banana project
- 2018-11-08 Banana shortage strikes New Zealand’s major supermarket chains
- 2018-11-07 "Bananas more expensive in 2019"