Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Gouda for Agricultural Products, Kafr el Sheikh
Egyptian company expanding acreage and facilitiesThe Egyptian company Gouda for Agricultural Products aims to expand its agricultural lands and to establish a potato sorting terminal.
Hassan Elbeshbeshy, commercial director, said that the company aims to add 1,680 hectares to its land portfolio for it to reach 4,620 Hectares, with investments of 3.7 million euros. Then they are working to establish a new terminal for the sorting and packaging of lettuce and potatoes with investments of $4 million. This facility is expected to launch at the end of this year with a capacity of 600 tonnes of potatoes and 50 tonnes of lettuce per day.
Elbeshbeshy pointed out that the company has invested about $15 million for the development and expansion of production lines, packaging and refrigerators in recent years, including $6 million for the production and sorting of frozen vegetables and fruits last year. The capacity of refrigerators increased to accommodate 1,500 additional containers, bringing the total capacity to 4,500 containers.
The company’s developments also included increasing its orange packaging terminal to three stations with a production capacity of 1,050 tonnes per day and a new station for packaging grapes. Moreover, the company has a station for packaging mandarins and another for onions and garlic. Gouda for Agricultural Products was founded in 1986 and now exports to 20 different countries.
Menafn.com reports that the company’s product range includes vegetables and fresh fruits such as grapes, pomegranates, potatoes, onions, garlic, tomatoes, strawberries, and peaches, as well as oranges, which account for the largest proportion of the company's products, in addition to frozen and canned vegetables and fruits, such as pineapples, pomegranates, and strawberries.
Publication date: 2/14/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: