Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Taiwanese Lunar New Year approaching
Fruit prices Taipei risen 20% compared with last yearAs the Lunar New Year holiday approaches, average fruit prices in Taipei are rising about 20% compared to last year. Average wholesale prices for dates, oranges and other winter fruits are higher compared to last year. Citing wholesalers, the reports said that this year’s fruit supply is apparently insufficient, so the closer it gets to the Lunar New Year, the pricier fruits will get.
Taiwannews.com reports how market vendors say that bananas have the largest discrepancy in prices as the average price for the fruit this year is about 30% higher than that of the same period last year. Guava is 26% more expensive and ponkan (a sweet citrus cultivar ) is 16% pricier.
Taipei Agricultural Products Marketing Co said that this year’s overall fruit supply is not sufficient, with shortages of fruits such wax apples, guavas, bananas and fruit gift baskets.
Publication date: 2/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: