Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
DB Schenker operating China’s first fresh produce block train to MoscowDB Schenker operates the first block train with a shipment of 11 refrigerator containers carrying fresh produce, departing from Chengdu Qingbaijiang International Railway Port. The circa 10,000 kilometre journey will take 16 days, running through Erenhot port in Inner Mongolia and arriving at Moscow Vorsino Railway Station.
DB Schenker is the first global Third Party Logistics in China operating the block train freight of perishable agricultural products for Rollink (a leading China-based B2B food trading company). DB Schenker’s first cooperation with Rollink started in early 2017, when they successfully managed several air freight export shipments of fresh fruits from China to Russia. The business scope then extended to other trade lanes including Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand.
Stattimes.com reports that now, the 160 tons of fresh vegetable will be ready to sell to customers shortly after arriving Moscow. DB Schenker takes care of the rail freight services from Chengdu to Moscow and also the custom clearance in the destination as well as local distribution service in Moscow from port to door, ensuring the optimal conditions for the cargo through seamless temperature control throughout the journey.
Publication date: 2/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: