Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Afghanistan producing 1.5 million tons of fresh fruit yearlyThe Afghan Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock last Sunday proclaimed that because of its favourable weather conditions, the nation of Afghanistan is a fertile country, producing about 1.5 million tons of fresh fruit a year. Spokesman Akbar Rustami said that of this total, only 500,000 tons is being exported; the rest is sold on the domestic market.
The Ministry is now focusing on establishing cold storage facilities so as to prolong the lifespan of fresh produce. “In order to promote our country’s economy, prevent the fruit from rotting and to address people’s needs in winter, more cold rooms should and will be established.”
Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries officials meanwhile said in the first nine months of this solar year, 218,000 tons of fresh fruit were exported, but a large amount of produce spoils every year due to the lack of standard cold rooms.
According to tolonews.com, Chamber of Commerce deputy president Khan Jan Alokozay said this year the volume of fresh fruit exports has increased by 40 percent against last year. Some 90 percent of Afghanistan’s vegetables and fresh fruits are exported to Pakistan, but because of repeated border closures a large amount of the fruit does not reach its destination.
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: