Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fruit & veg exports from Vietnam estimated at $ 321 million last monthVietnam earned some $ 321 million from fruit and vegetable exports in January 2018, rising by 36.9 percent from the same period last year. This is according to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development. China, Japan, the US and South Korea remained the biggest importers of Vietnamese fruits and vegetables in this month. The markets with soaring imports from Vietnam were Japan (69.3 percent), the United Arab Emirates (56.3 percent), and China (52.4 percent).
The Ministry said the domestic fruit market saw great fluctuations, with a rise in the price of dragon fruit in the Mekong Delta region. The trend is expected to continue in the lead-up to the Lunar New Year (Tet) festival.
According to en.vietnamplus.vn, prices of star apples and jack fruits also climbed up, reaching $ 0.70 and $ 1.90 per kg due to increasing demand for these two products in the US and China. Meanwhile, orange prices in the Mekong Delta region fell dramatically, due to an abundant supply.
Prices of several vegetables also dropped in the Central Highlands province of Lam Dong due to high supply fuelled by favourable weather.
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: