Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Former NFL star dumped 20 tons of sweet potatoes on the UNC campusJason Brown, once a multimillion-dollar contract player in the NFL, walked away from professional football in 2012 because he wanted to feed the hungry. He bought a thousand-acre farm near Louisburg, and in 2014 his First Fruits Farm made its first donation of sweet potatoes; Brown gave away the entire crop to area food pantries and shelters.
And now again, last Saturday morning, Brown made a hefty donation. The North Carolina native had 40,000 pounds of sweet potatoes dumped on the Chapel Hill campus of the University of North Carolina.
Newsobserver.com reported how a dump truck dropped Brown’s potatoes onto the front lawn of the North Carolina Study Center, where they were bagged by participants of the university’s second annual Yam Jam event. The potatoes then were sent to local food banks.
“If we’re truly going to inspire change, if we’re truly going to see change in our food system and in ending hunger, we’re going to have to give our best,” Brown said in a video the university tweeted along with Yam Jam updates.
Publication date: 2/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: