Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ontario greenhouse grower adds 62-acre hothouse facility
Double Diamond Farms, a company that specializes in greenhouse grown produce, has broken ground on its expansion project to add a new 62-acre hothouse facility in Leamington, ON. The new location will significantly increase Double Diamond’s production capacity.
“Growing consumer demand in the organic category, as well as in multiple specialty items, are really what’s driving this expansion,” said Chris Mastronardi, CEO of Double Diamond Farms. “We have an extensive selection of high quality, superior flavored items that have really been a hit with our customers.”
Double Diamond’s newest facility will employ the latest in automation and growing technology, including the addition of Grow lights, adding to their vast array of the greenhouse produce to offer. The greenhouse will use advanced and innovative sustainable growing methods including capturing and utilizing carbon dioxide to promote growth, introducing bumblebees for natural pollination and employing energy curtains as insulation. The facility will also include a new state-of-the-art warehouse and packaging facility.
Double Diamond Farms
Publication date: 2/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: