Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Potato stocks up 23% compared to previous seasonBritish potato stock levels for the end of November are estimated at 3.6 million tonnes, the highest level for this point in the season since 2011/2012. According to figures released by AHDB Potatoes, the high production in the 2017 growing season was the result of a 5% increase in acreage. This rose to 122,779 ha, and was combined with one of the highest average yields on record (49.3t/ha).
With much of the season still to come, high production figures suggest that it is unlikely that the potato supply will be as tight as it was over the previous two seasons.
Farminguk.com quoted AHDB Potatoes analyst Amber Cottingham saying: “Last December we estimated the production figures for Great Britain to be up by around 15&, at 6.04 million tonnes, so the increase in stocks was expected. We only measure the amount of crop in stores, not the quality. We are aware that there have been storage quality issues reported, which could impact volume of the marketable stocks later in the season.”
Publication date: 2/14/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: