Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Albert Bartlett receives £4 million grant from Scottish GovernmentUK-based potato producer Albert Bartlett has received a £4 million grant from the Scottish Government. The company will use this money to expand its product range and manufacturing capacity.
Albert Bartlett has stated that the grant will contribute towards a £17 million investment scheme, which will see the brand install new production equipment at the Airdrie plant, facilitating the production of new product lines for the convenience and chilled potato markets.
The £4 million grant was issued through the Food Processing, Marketing and Co-operation scheme and is the largest award issued since it was introduced by the Scottish Government in 2015.
Foodbev.com quoted Mark Murray, managing director of Albert Bartlett’s added value business saying: “We are grateful for this grant from the Scottish Government, which is essential in allowing the company to diversify into the growing convenience and chilled potato market. Our development into this exciting new area will create 35 new jobs and safeguard 50 more here in Airdrie, in addition to providing security for our partners working in the entire supply chain, not least our dedicated group of potato growers. When the plant is operational, it will process 50,000 tonnes of potatoes per year, around 90% of which will be grown in Scotland.”
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: