- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Procurement manager-buyer
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
- Vietnam's fruits and vegetables struggle to enter overseas markets
- China reaches top of Global Food Safety List
- Collaboration Agreement with two Catalan Nurseries for a number of new apple varieties
- "We are about to import asparagus from Melbourne, Australia"
- “More and more demand for prickly pears, but year-round supply is the biggest challenge”
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Australian mango industry happy with new emoji
The mango industry has spent the last 18 months campaigning for a mango emoji, with the hashtag #MangoEmojiPlease attached to most of Australia's mango marketing.
Abc.net.au explains no-one is responsible for ‘making’ emojis: for a new emoji, you to pitch it to the Unicode Consortium comprised of Apple, Microsoft, IBM, Facebook, Google, Huawei and Netflix.
Treena Welch from the Australia Mango Industry Association said Thursday's news was exciting: "It means people across the world can use this emoji to applaud mangoes. The more applause we get, the more interest there'll be in mangoes, so we'll be able to use this to growers' advantage."
But don't applaud just yet: the mango emoji will not be available until June.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/23/2018 Imported gulupa about to hit peak
- 10/23/2018 Spain: "Asturian kiwifruit ends up in Bilbao, Barcelona or Madrid"
- 10/23/2018 Julie, East Indian & other Jamaican mangoes to be exported to the US
- 10/23/2018 "It is time for the avocado market to pick up again"
- 10/23/2018 California supplier now importing organic rambutan
- 10/22/2018 Purchase price of Chinese pomegranates slightly lower than last year
- 10/22/2018 “More and more demand for prickly pears, but year-round supply is the biggest challenge”
- 10/22/2018 China: Large number of kiwifruits on the market nationwide
- 10/22/2018 Pomegranates from Azerbaijan allowed into EU
- 10/22/2018 Indonesia: First exports of pineapples and bananas to Singapore
- 10/22/2018 Sri Lanka contemplates future restrictions on fruit imports
- 10/22/2018 New dairy-free ice cream - made with persimmon
- 10/19/2018 Spain: Sale of stolen unripe avocados reported
- 10/19/2018 Philippines: Stronger promotion of indigenous exotic fruits
- 10/19/2018 Slower kiwi campaign compared to last year
- 10/19/2018 "Positive future for export of yellow passion fruit concentrated juice"
- 10/19/2018 India: Geographical Indication tag for Shahi litchi
- 10/19/2018 India urges US to lift ban on pomegranate arils import
- 10/19/2018 Australia: ‘extra flavoursome’ mango season
- 10/18/2018 Turkish producers switching from tomatoes and peppers to pitaya