- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Seed researcher and producer raises money in heart and stroke walks
- China: Donghai oranges enter the market
- Map of annual average temperatures around the world
- ''Senda Verde is not bankrupt and still exports bananas every week''
- “Southern African citrus reached a record volume of production in 2018”
Top 5 -last week
Brazil: Pheromone identified from insect that transmits citrus greening (HLB)
The disease is devastating for the industry because infected trees must be eradicated. The synthesized sex pheromone can be used as bait in traps to lure the insects, kill them, and prevent mating.
The discovery was made by scientists at the University of São Paulo's and the Citrus Defense Fund in Brazil, in collaboration with colleagues at the University of California in the US. Their findings were recently published in an article in Scientific Reports.
According to a sciencedaily.com article, it will now become possible to synthesize the substance and use it in traps to attract and kill the Asian citrus psyllid, helping control the worst pest faced by the citrus industry. In Florida alone, orange production has decreased in the order of 90 million boxes in the last 15 years.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Wilmington port welcomes first Moroccan citrus in US of the season
- 2018-11-16 China: Hainan "Qiongzhong green oranges" are ripe and entering the market
- 2018-11-16 Nepal: Orange harvest in eastern Hills up 50 percent
- 2018-11-15 "We are not one of those early starters"
- 2018-11-15 Orange imports increase as domestic juice supply remains squeezed
- 2018-11-15 “New citrus markets hard to find”
- 2018-11-15 Spain: "The delay of Huelva's mandarins causes production overlap"
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Citrus fruits allegedly being sold again at open prices
- 2018-11-15 Sharp increase of Georgian mandarin exports
- 2018-11-14 Spain: Processors start buying oranges at very low prices
- 2018-11-13 Crisis officially over but Greeks hardly notice it
- 2018-11-13 US: Florida orange production down 3 per cent from October forecast
- 2018-11-13 Spain: "Citrus volume from South Africa will start falling sharply soon"
- 2018-11-13 Spain: Quality of Cordoba's citrus will be higher this campaign
- 2018-11-13 Taiwan: Market entry of Taidong Navel orange delayed
- 2018-11-12 How to prevent the appearance of 'creasing' in Navel oranges
- 2018-11-12 "Good harvest of, somewhat smaller, Berkane Clementines"
- 2018-11-12 The Sicilian PGI Red Orange campaign has officially started
- 2018-11-12 China: Green oranges from Qiongzhong enter market in bulk
- 2018-11-12 Devaluation of Turkish lira puts pressure on citrus market