- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Nepal: Vegetable prices spike as cold wave grips Terai belt
The intense cold has led to a drop in vegetable production in the Terai, and the Valley’s requirements are being fulfilled by supplies from surrounding areas. However, demand outstrips supply, which has caused prices to rise steeply.
According to retailers in the Kalimati vegetable market, prices have jumped up to 111 percent in the past month. Prices of sword bean, cauliflower, cucumber, French beans, yam, cauliflower local and bottle gourd have jumped more than 50 percent. And according to The Kathmandu Post, vegetable prices probably will not go down anytime soon.
However, prices of vegetables like dry onion, potato and tomato have dropped. Despite this, retailers in the Kalimati Fruits and Vegetable Market, the largest vegetable market in the country, are worried that high prices might keep potential customers away.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-14 Bolivia: Garlic and onion producers ask authorities to close border to smuggling
- 2018-11-14 Baden-Württemberg: Harvest year characterized by dry summer
- 2018-11-14 China signs fresh produce MoU with Caribbean region
- 2018-11-14 "Difficult market for last strawberries of the year"
- 2018-11-14 Poland courting East Africa as trade partner
- 2018-11-14 Kenya horticulture export earnings growing
- 2018-11-14 Namibia food imports still sky-high
- 2018-11-14 Turkey: Annual agricultural production projections for 2018 have been updated
- 2018-11-13 Pink Lady Day at Mazzoni Group
- 2018-11-12 ‘Kyrgyzstan cannot fully meet the needs of the domestic market’
- 2018-11-12 US researchers discover genes that define a vegetable’s shape
- 2018-11-09 Nepal: Imported fruits worth Rs7.58 billion in Q1
- 2018-11-09 Chile: Record fruit exports to China
- 2018-11-09 'Supply of pears falling somewhat, but demand could be met'
- 2018-11-08 Campaign for EU quality label “Europe, where quality is at home’
- 2018-11-08 Trinidad and Tobago: Vegetables doubling in price after flooding
- 2018-11-08 Peru: Fruit and vegetable exports increased by 21% up until September
- 2018-11-08 Japan: Fresh fruit imports 1.62 million tons in 2017
- 2018-11-07 Study shows growing number purchasing fresh produce items online
- 2018-11-07 Ghana launches agricultural product commodity exchange