Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Benguet province, Luzon
Despite frost in Northern Philippines, no rise in vegetable pricesCabbage, carrots, potatoes and other crops in the Paoay and Atok municipalities of Benguet province are currently covered with frost. However, the prices of the local vegetables remain the same. Vegetable traders said this is the first time that vegetable frost is seen affecting their plants at this time of the year. Last year, vegetable frost was experienced in December and not in February. They have also observed that the frost melts easily this year. This does not worry the farmers.
Untvweb.com quoted Benguet Municipal Agriculturist Cherry Sano: “There are no reports of damage yet, because farmers are aware of the frost-prone areas and have avoided planting in those locations.”
Nevertheless, some farmers admitted that though their crops were not totally damaged, the frost definitely impacted the quality of their products and has downgraded affected vegetables to second class.
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: