Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
EFSA calls for more public investment in food safety researchNational food safety authorities from all 28 EU Member States, Iceland and Norway have called for more public investment in food safety research and given a commitment to support European research through partnership building and training, among a range of other measures.
In a joint statement with the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), the Advisory Forum, tasked with providing EFSA with strategic advice on scientific issues, also stressed the benefits of increased interaction between funders, EU agencies and national partners on food safety research.
The statement came the day before EFSA’s first Risk Assessment Research Assembly (RARA) in Utrecht. The Assembly brings together national research organisations, funders and EU policy makers to share ideas and explore opportunities for research in food safety.
Speaking before the event, EFSA’s Executive Director Bernhard Url said: “There is a compelling case to be built for public funding in food safety research. We must not forget that research and innovation among and within Member States ultimately feeds into the risk assessments that we carry out at an EU level, which are the basis for public health policies in Europe.
“The first Risk Assessment Research Assembly is a great opportunity for researchers to share their proposals, discover others working on similar projects, and meet with funding bodies that can help turn their ideas into reality.”
- Joint Statement of EFSA and the members of EFSA’s Advisory Forum
- Risk Assessment Research Assembly (RARA), Utrecht, 7 February 2018
Publication date: 2/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: