Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
American oranges arrive in Hubei, ChinaLast Tuesday, the first 1,080 boxes of Sunkist oranges from the United States arrived in central China's Hubei Province. This shipment marked Hubei's first direct import of American fruit. Wuhan is the biggest waterway-rail hub in inland China, and also one of China's major industrial bases.
Fruit imports normally arrive in China's coastal areas -Shanghai, Xiamen and Guangzhou- and are transported to inland areas later. Negatively, the long distances and high transportation fees often add to the price of the fruit.
Now Wuhan port has started this type of operation, the capital of Hubei province is likely to become a distribution centre of imported fruit in central China. There is a huge market in the central China areas around Wuhan, said Ryan Scott, Director of the Agricultural Trade Office of the U.S. Consulate in Shanghai.
Xinhuanet.com quoted Jamie Fouss, Consul General of the U.S. Consulate in Wuhan, as saying that considering the opportunities to expand trade from Wuhan's port, the U.S. Consulate General in Wuhan will help bring more agricultural products to central China.
Publication date: 2/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: