Job offersmore »
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- China: Dragon fruit prices down slightly compared to previous years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
American oranges arrive in Hubei, ChinaLast Tuesday, the first 1,080 boxes of Sunkist oranges from the United States arrived in central China's Hubei Province. This shipment marked Hubei's first direct import of American fruit. Wuhan is the biggest waterway-rail hub in inland China, and also one of China's major industrial bases.
Fruit imports normally arrive in China's coastal areas -Shanghai, Xiamen and Guangzhou- and are transported to inland areas later. Negatively, the long distances and high transportation fees often add to the price of the fruit.
Now Wuhan port has started this type of operation, the capital of Hubei province is likely to become a distribution centre of imported fruit in central China. There is a huge market in the central China areas around Wuhan, said Ryan Scott, Director of the Agricultural Trade Office of the U.S. Consulate in Shanghai.
Xinhuanet.com quoted Jamie Fouss, Consul General of the U.S. Consulate in Wuhan, as saying that considering the opportunities to expand trade from Wuhan's port, the U.S. Consulate General in Wuhan will help bring more agricultural products to central China.
Publication date: 2/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: