Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Cherimoya and soursop exports fell last year
2017 was not a good year for the export of cherimoyas and soursop. Last year, the country exported a total of 140,396 kilos of these delicious fruits for an FOB value of US $ 376,350.
These figures contrast negatively against the 355,153 kilos worth US $979,518 that were dispatched during 2016.
According to the Agrodata Peru website, even though Chile continued to be the main destination market for these products, its level of acquisitions decreased significantly. In 2017 Chile only purchased US $ 218,000 of these products from Peru, while in 2016 it made purchases for US $824,000.
Other destination markets were Canada, with US $71,000, Spain (US $50,000), the Netherlands (US $ 17,000), the United States (US $ 11,000) and Italy (US $ 9,000).
According to the same source, the largest exporters of cherimoyas and soursop were Bio Frutos SAC, which achieved sales of US $218,000 during 2017, Tropical New Dimension SAC (US $ 65,000), TWF SA, Peru Branch (US $49,000) and Inca Invest SAC (US $ 22,000).
Publication date: 2/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: