Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Florida targeted for intense apple marketing campaign
Envy is spending the last weeks of winter in sunny, warm Florida, heavily investing in the market to raise brand awareness, support retail customers, and increase sales. The multi-faceted campaign will target shoppers in the major metropolitan areas of Jacksonville, Miami/Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, and Tampa, throughout February and March.
“We’re encouraging Floridians to bite and believe by educating and inspiring them throughout the path-to-purchase, driving motivated shoppers to seek Envy at their local stores and then continuing to engage with them via email and social media,” said Brock Nemecek, North American marketing manager for brand-owner, T&G Global. “We believe that this integrated concept will increase brand awareness and affection, and grow product distribution and sales at retail.”
Florida was selected due to the prime opportunity to increase distribution of the sweet, crunchy, and slow-to-brown apple in a proven market, and also to serve as a pilot for concentrated, high-impact initiatives that will be rolled out in other key markets later in 2018 and over the next few years. In addition to targeted social and email marketing components, the consumer- and retail-focused promotion will include:
- The launch of an interactive store locator at which will be promoted via a 60-day, geo-targeted Google search and YouTube advertising campaign;
- Sampling events, coupons, ads, and specials coordinated with retail partners across the state;
- A rebate offer on the popular shopping app, Ibotta;
- An opportunity to win a Blendtec Designer 625 blender via the nationwide Sunshine Smoothie Sweepstakes; and
- Appearances by Envy brand ambassadors on popular news and lifestyle programs on CBS 10 in Tampa Bay, and NBC 6 in Miami.
The company said the campaign was developed to ensure effective measurement and accurate results. the Envy team will utilize several tools and tactics to gauge the success of this program. In late January, the brand executed a survey to set benchmarks for brand awareness levels and consumer perceptions of the premium apple in Florida. A second survey will launch later in the year to measure change in those same areas. These surveys, as well as other tracked performance metrics will inform and guide the brand’s subsequent marketing endeavors.
“It’s important to support our retail partners and their customers with creative, measurable, and sometimes even experimental promotions, as we aim to stay one step ahead of ever-evolving consumer attitudes and behaviors,” shared Chris Willett, commercial manager, North America, T&G Global. “The key to moving the needle is collaboration and integration with retail, so that our offerings are consistent and valuable, and are reaching apple fans through every available channel – especially as we realize the substantial growth in Envy volume over the next several years.”
Nemecek notes that Envy’s commitment to the market is long term.
“In this scenario, we’re not your typical snowbirds. We will maintain a strong presence with continued activities in Florida well beyond the promotion window,” he said.
For more information:
+1 (315) 432-6621
Publication date: 2/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: