Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
Avocado grower-shipper celebrates American Heart Month
February marks American Heart Month, and to celebrate this healthy initiative, Mission Produce is proud to announce that its avocados are Heart-Check certified by the American Heart Association®. In support of this heart healthy AVOccasion, Mission has launched the #CheckMeOut campaign.
Not only does #CheckMeOut support retailers with an in-store tool kit to engage consumers at the retail level, it leverages the popular self-congratulatory hashtag. The hashtag will be used on Mission’s social channels including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Mission encourages others to share heart healthy recipes and their “#CheckMeOut” moments. All month long the company will be sharing heart healthy recipes that were developed by registered dietitians and feature the cholesterol and sodium free fruit. A few to look forward to are Avocado Ramen Bowl by @GratefulGrazer and avocado cookies by @krolls_korner.
According to Robb Bertels, Mission’s VP of Marketing, “Including the Heart-Check mark on our avocado packaging, providing retail support, and sharing our heart healthy findings is an important way for us to carry the health message about avocados across all channels. We’ve been engaging with avocado lovers more and more through social, and #CheckMeOut is another way to extend that message. We’ve generated a lot of enthusiasm, and the HeartCheck is a positive touchpoint to give consumers another reason to eat more avocados.”
“According to the CDC, heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women in the United States. We want consumers to know that adding Mission avocados to their meal planning is a small step toward a heart healthy diet,” says Denise Junqueiro, Director of Marketing. “Our #CheckMeOut program is an example of how we can have fun while eating healthy. Who doesn’t want to show off their heart-healthy avo-toast or green smoothie and say, ‘check me out’? So, from using our in-store signage to engaging with us on social, everyone has the opportunity to #CheckMeOut.”
Everyone can follow Mission Produce on all social platforms @missionavocados to check out the heart conscious recipes. Furthermore, sharing is caring, so the company is encouraging consumers to post #CheckMeOut with their avocado recipes and AVOccasions to share with the world.
Mission Produce, Inc.
Publication date: 2/7/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: