Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India asks Chile for trial shipment of blueberries & avocadosIndia has asked Chile to send a trial shipment of blueberries and avocado and complete a pest risk analyses of five commodities.
The matter was discussed by Minister of State for Agriculture Gajendra Singh Shekhawat while talking to the visiting Chilean delegation led by Fidel Espinoza, President of the Chamber of Deputies of National Congress of Chile.
The two countries are bound by a Memorandum of Understanding for cooperation in the field of phytosanitary measures, and the two officials discussed the progress in this area.
Shekhawat requested Chile to complete the pest risk analyses for pomegranate, basmati rice, pineapple, gherkins and groundnut. According to the Business Standard, he also suggested Chile to consider import of processed items such as canned fruits, fruit pulp and juices, Indian sweets, packaged snack foods, and ready-meals from India.
The two leaders concluded that there was a "huge unrealised potential" given the complementary natures of the two economies, and resolved to make the best use of the Expanded India-Chile Preferential Trade Agreement -which began in May 2017- to facilitate increased bilateral trade.
Publication date: 2/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: