Job offersmore »
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenyan avocado traders pledge to follow export rules as ban is liftedAvocado traders in Kenya have said they will only export produce that meets global standards. This follows the lifting of a temporary ban by Kenya’s Agriculture and Food Authority.
Selina Wamucii Ltd chief executive officer John Oroko yesterday said the ban had affected small-scale avocado growers and exporters. “It is good news for the growers who produce over 70 percent of the avocados that are exported from Kenya.”
The-star.co.ke has reported how last month, the government imposed a ban on the export of all Fuerte and Hass varieties, due to shortages in the country. High demand, both locally and internationally, caused prices to surge and exporters had begun to compromise on maturity standards. “The temporary ban was a wake-up call for exporters to stop them shipping immature fruit to the world market,” Oroko said.
“We are now getting into the main avocado season and hope all industry players comply with the export requirements. The responsibility is now on the exporters to follow the protocol to avoid any future suspension.”
Publication date: 2/7/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: